ABOUT MODESTO PORCHFEST
Modesto Porchfest is a collection of porch parties throughout the LaLoma, College, and Downtown neighborhoods thrown by gracious hosts. Local bands will perform throughout the afternoon on porch, patio, and driveway "stages" throughout the neighborhoods.
Porchfests have been held in dozens of other cities around the country and Canada, Modesto's first porchfest was in 2017.
Porchfest is a free event. Tip jars are available and we encourage you to tip our performers generously.
- City of Modesto ordinances apply regarding dogs, alcohol, and unruly behavior.
- Bicycles are a great form of transportation for porchfest. Visit as many porches as you can!
- Bring a blanket or chair for seating, and don't forget your water and sunscreen.
- Tips for musicians are strongly encouraged. Please show your support for their talents and time by tipping the performers.
- Help us keep this event going by picking up your garbage and keeping our city clean.
- We do not provide bathrooms, and our hosts are not expected to open their house to guests. Support local businesses with a purchase and use their bathroom facilities.
- Food and drinks will available at some locations, you are welcome to bring your own (pack it in, pack it out!), and of course you can support local cafes and restaurants in the area.
- Family friendly event!
Modesto Porchfest is organized by Kate Trompetter, Ruhi Sheikh, and Tricia Rosenow. Promotional material, advertising, support, and funds provided by the generous sponsors below.