Offer my porch (2023 applications closed)
- We will select porches that have safe locations for viewers and are in the La Loma, Downtown, and College areas. In addition to location, we take several other things into consideration when accepting porch hosts. We will send confirmation emails on April 1st. Your space is not approved until you've heard from the planning team.
- Any porch, driveway, or outdoor space facing the street will work.
- You must have an electrical outlet that musicians can plug into.
- Porch/home owners are ultimately responsible for what happens on their property, just as they would be at any other time.
- You do not need to provide access to bathrooms or interior areas.
- You can provide drinks and snacks on your porch, set up a bake sale or lemonade stand for a charity, set up games and chairs, or just let folks come and sit on the lawn. This is your party, enjoy it! NOTE: If you do anything that requires permits, please contact the City of Modesto. Porchfest organizers carry the sound permit for the duration of the event, but that is all.
- In most instances, Porchfest organizers will pair you will music. But yYou can line up your own bands, too. If you have your own bands, please provide us with their information. We plan on each band playing a 60-90 minute, family-friendly set.
Offer my music (2023 applications closed)
- By submitting an application, you are indicating interest. We will send emails on April 1st to confirm your participation. Each year, we carefully take several things into consideration. We will do our best to accommodate as many performances as possible.
- All bands need to have at least a 60 minute set of family friendly music.
- This is a local event and priority is given to local performers.
- Tip jars are encouraged and we will be encouraging participants to tip generously.
- Please provide your own cords and equipment - including a PA.
- You are welcome to distribute/sell your recordings and merchandise.
- All genres welcome!
- Allowing us to match you up with an open porch is the typical way this is done. You may, however, indicate whether you've secured your own porch. Porch Hosts must still fill out the Porch Host application on this website and adhere to all our requirements.
If you would like to help with the costs of putting on this event (signage, advertising, etc.), you can contribute below. Modesto Porchfest is funded by sponsors, however we are NOT a non-profit. Please check with your tax professional for implications and/or benefits.